sábado, 20 de octubre de 2018

Convocatoria mail art Redwork Post org Diana Hale Crozet (USA)


First of all, I want to say thank you to everyone who participated in The Philpott Lake Project and The Mail Art Experiment.  I can’t thank you enough for the generosity with which you shared your art and the patience you had with me throughout the process of putting together a webpage and exhibit for each.
This round, I have a vision of creating a single piece of art incorporating designs from 50-70 mail artists.  Embroidery is something I love, and I would like to make a redwork quilt with a square dedicated to each contributing artist.  Here is an excellent example of the type of quilt I hope to create:
Since it will be just one piece, I plan on showing it in a group textile exhibit when it is finished.  The stitching will be incredibly time consuming, so I am setting a goal of having the quilt completed in the fall of 2020.  When it is done, I will send a print of the finished piece to each contributor.  As designs are received and pieces are stitched, I will post updates at redworkpost.tumblr.com
If you would like to participate, please send a design that fits within a 7x7 inch square (I expect it will have a ½ inch to one-inch border).  Ideally, I would like you to incorporate your name and city into your square, but other than that the subject matter is entirely up to you.
Technically I would like simple line art (no shading or blocks of color) and you should be able to trace over your design with a fat marker without it getting muddled.
Thank you, I hope you consider joining in on the madness!
Website: http://www.redworkpost.tumblr.com
Members: 
25
Latest Activity: 
2 seconds ago
Address
Diana Hale
PO Box 232
Crozet, VA 22932 USA

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario